- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, squash and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and pepper flakes if desired; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuick Summer Squash Medley
"I cooked some shrimp in garlic, butter and oil until pink. Stir fried the squash, peppers, onion until almost tender. Added a little diced tomato in juice with some powdered chicken bouillon, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Delicious and a complete meal in just a few minutes,"
"I made this the other day but I cooked sliced turkey kielbassi with the onion and peppers. I also used orzo and after the veggies and sausage cooked for a while, I added the orzo (about 1 cup dry) to the pan and browned it for a little while. I then added 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained, and a little water if needed, covered the pan while the orzo cooked through. A hit without too much trouble."
"This was tasty! It was quite like an Italian ratatouille."