Quick-Stuff Pork Chops
I WAS creating recipes to teach pork cookery to high school classes when I discovered this pan-grill method of preparing meat. The results are tender and juicy. This 15-minute entree is just right for a busy cook - it's delicious, and the portions are perfect for two people. -Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup herb-seasoned stuffing
- Combine thyme, sage, salt and pepper; sprinkle on both sides of pork chops. In a skillet, cook chops in butter for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm. In the pan drippings, saute celery, onion and carrot over medium heat until tender. stir in broth and stuffing; heat through. Spoon over chops; serve immediately.
Originally published as Quick-Stuff Pork Chops in Reminisce September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.