Quick Stir-Fried Vegetables
Jane Shapton of Irvine, California needs less than 30 minutes to prepare this crisp-tender veggie stir-fry for her family. And it tastes just as garden-fresh as it looks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, ginger, broth, water, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots and broccoli in oil for 2 minutes. Add peppers; stir-fry 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 3/4 cup onions; cook 2 minutes longer. Garnish with remaining onions.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 93 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Vegetables in Light & Tasty April/May 2006