- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, ginger, broth, water, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots and broccoli in oil for 2 minutes. Add peppers; stir-fry 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 3/4 cup onions; cook 2 minutes longer. Garnish with remaining onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuick Stir-Fried Vegetables
"The flavor was a good base, but we added more soy sauce for a stronger flavor."