- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, pineapple and onion. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
"This was just ok. The medium shrimp were annoyingly small. I'd go for large for sure. We cooked the onions separately to avoid them being undercooked."
"Very tasty, however next time I'll cook the onions separately so they aren't so raw when cooked on the same skewers as the shrimp. Also the marinade would have been great on the onions too, something else I'll try next time!"
"SOOO good, easy and low in calories and Weight Watcher points."
"This is a great recipe. I didn't have two hours to marinate the shrimp so they basically only marinated while I cut up the onion and opened a can of pineapple chunks, but the shrimp still tasted delicious! We'll definitely make these again during the summer and possibly during tailgating season, too!"