Quick Shrimp Kabobs
I like to make this when we have outdoor get-togethers. It's easy to whip up last minute, and has a short cook time so you can spend more time with your guests. shrimp or pork is good with these kabobs as well.—Jessica Cosgrove, Magalia, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix marmalade and soy sauce. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting.
- On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, mushrooms and pineapple.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes, turning once. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, basting with reserved sauce.
- Cover and microwave remaining sauce on high until heated through, stirring once. Serve with kabobs.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs with 2 tablespoons sauce: 333 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 937mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as easy bbq shrimp kabobs in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011