I love playing around with different ingredients and spices in my stir-fry recipes. As my children get older, I have more evenings when I need to whip up dinner quickly, and this dish with chicken strips and ramen noodles fits the bill deliciously. —Heather Chambers, Largo, Florida
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup halved fresh snow peas
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken, squash and carrots until chicken is heated through, 6-8 minutes. Add snow peas; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and contents of one ramen seasoning packet (discard or save second packet for another use); cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add noodles, water, wine and teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until noodles are tender, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Sesame Chicken Noodles in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017