Quick Salsa Recipe
- 6 Anaheim chilies, roasted and peeled or 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine chilies, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic. In another bowl, combine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt if desired; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 27 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Quick Salsa
"I might try this recipe again (although it was very time intensive), but I would only use a dash of vinegar. The end result tasted only of red wine vinegar, all the other flavors were overpowered by it."