Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 Anaheim peppers, roasted and peeled
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chilies, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic. In another bowl, combine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt if desired; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 27 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2013
I might try this recipe again (although it was very time intensive), but I would only use a dash of vinegar. The end result tasted only of red wine vinegar, all the other flavors were overpowered by it.