Quick Salmon Chowder
"I made up this quick creamy chowder one winter afternoon," recalls Tom Bailey of Golden Valley, Minnesota. "I like to use a can of red sockeye salmon for best flavor. The soup also can be seasoned with tarragon instead of dill."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chowder is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 249 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Dec 21, 2019
Quick. Crazy easy. Delicious. What's not to love?!
Apr 18, 2010
Easy and so delicous. I've been making this for years and everyone thinks you spent all day on this dish.