Quick Salmon Chowder
"I made up this quick creamy chowder one winter afternoon," recalls Tom Bailey of Golden Valley, Minnesota. "I like to use a can of red sockeye salmon for best flavor. The soup also can be seasoned with tarragon instead of dill."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chowder is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 249 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Chowder in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.