Quick Rice Salad
This recipe makes a nice change from potato salad, and it goes well with any main meal.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cups prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons skim milk, if necessary
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (including tops)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, diced
- Combine all dressing ingredients except the milk or cream. Set aside. In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Pour dressing over rice mixture; stir gently. Add milk if mixture is dry. Chill several hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 144 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Country Rice Salad in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.