- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the corn, 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup; return to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forQuick Potato Corn Chowder
"Recipe was amazing! I made it vegetarian by using Better than Boullion vegetable base in place of the chicken stock and also added just a clove of garlic to give it a little more kick. Also I used whole milk because I am a New Orleans vegetarian and I wanted to give my native of Michigan boyfriend a taste of what a real New Orleans lady and NOLA cooking could offer him lolol. Really I miss and crave crab and corn bisque and this reminds me of that because I add some slap ya mama or Tony's and serve it with French bread to give it that same reel."
"Delicious and perfect for a snow day. I added a roasted, chopped Poblano pepper with the onions and It was perfect If you enjoy a little heat. I'm saving the rest to share at lunch with co-workers. Try this recipe...you will be glad you did!"
"Making this right now but there is no way it serves 8 when this all you are eating ??"
"I made this for the first time and it was very tasty."
"Very good. Did not have Yukon potatoes. Will make sure I have them next time. Used Russet. Also used fresh frozen corn. Will definitely make the soup again."
"This chowder was wonderful! I did add a little marjoram and nutmeg, which my husband and I really enjoyed. A nice "meatless" meal and something I'll definitely make again!"
"I made this but added a few things.Two cubed precooked chicken breasts,a handful of chopped broccoli,and at the very end,a handful of cheese.One of the best chowder's I've ever tasted!It inspires me to want to make a seafood chowder!"
"Just made this - followed the recipe exactly - very easy & really tasty!"
"I added a half package of bulk sausage with the onions....this soup is delicious and creamy. I will make this again & again!"