Quick Pork Lo Mein
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 teaspoons brown gravy mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, cornstarch, 1 cup water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the pork, garlic, ginger and pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add peas; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Return pork to the pan; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil; add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain. Serve with pork mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 537 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Sep 18, 2016
Really good. Quick, the pork was tender, and the spices were just right. Definitely a keeper
Feb 3, 2010
This recipe is so good, my family asks for it many times. It's easy to make and so delicious, it's a keeper, for sure.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.