Quick Pizza Sandwiches
I REMEMBER coming up with this recipe years ago after a full day of activity and the need for a quickie supper. These robust subs are great and served with a salad and deli pickles, the meal is complete...my husband's favorite and my grandchildren's, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the beef and seasonings just until combined. Divide into six portions; shape each into a 1-1/2-in. patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Pour pizza sauce over patties and heat through. Spoon onto French bread; sprinkle with cheese. Cut into sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 573 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1428mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Meat Ball Subs in Reminisce Extra September 2006