- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce with meat
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix pepperoni, pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four portions. Roll each into a 6-in. circle; top each with a scant 1/3 cup pepperoni mixture. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush milk over tops; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, Italian seasoning. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Pepperoni Calzones
"Delicious! I made these for my parents and family of 6. I used my breadmaker to make calzone dough. Besides the pepperoni filling, we also did pineapple & Canadian bacon. We will be making these a lot!"
"Made these as part of our Superbowl spread. They were super easy to do, and tasted GREAT! We made some plain pepperoni ones, and added other pizza topping ingredients to others. It was ridiculous; we couldn't stop eating them, regardless of how full we were."
"I made these for dinner this week and they were delicious! They were very easy to prepare and very family friendly, my kids loved them! I am a sucker for bread and the kids love pizza so it was a great combination. I used Rhodes frozen bread dough and turkey pepperoni and prepared the recipe as directed. This is certainly a recipe we will be making again!"