Quick Pantry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, milk and seasonings in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 232 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 4, 2017
I liked all the veggies in this salad. I omitted the eggs, personal preference. But the flavor of the dressing just did not WOW me. Something was missing, just don't know what. Overall, not bad, but not great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.