Quick Pantry Salad
One morning a few years back, I suddenly remembered I needed to bring a salad for that day's Bible study luncheon. I headed to the pantry, pulled together ingredients and created this recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, milk and seasonings in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 232 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Quick Pantry Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Nov 4, 2017
I liked all the veggies in this salad. I omitted the eggs, personal preference. But the flavor of the dressing just did not WOW me. Something was missing, just don't know what. Overall, not bad, but not great.