Quick Onion Bread
"I'm always looking for nifty ingredients like hot pepper sauce to jazz up biscuit mix," writes Faith Siegrist from Lititz, Pennsylvania. Warm wedges of this low-fuss round loaf are an ideal match with most any entree.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients (mixture will be lumpy). Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle butter over top. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 139 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Quick Onion Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.