Quick ‘n’ Easy Lasagna
"I never have leftovers when I prepare this hearty crowd-pleaser," notes Brenda Richardson, Rison, Arkansas. "It's my son's favorite, and my husband and I like to make it on nights we have friends over to play cards."
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; heat through. Rinse and drain the noodles.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the meat sauce and half of the noodles and cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 625 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1248mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Quick 'n' Easy Lasagna in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Oct 22, 2013
I made this for company last night, but used Mozzarella cheese. Very easy! We all liked it and would make it again !
Jan 16, 2010
Our family of 9 really liked this recipe. It's not your typical lasagna, but it was good!!!