When I was a boy, my father frequently traveled to India on business. He brought back many curry recipes, but mulligatawny was the family favorite...and still is!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 can (19 ounces) lentil soup
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed tomato rice soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Quick Mulligatawny in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.