Quick Mediterranean Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 container (8 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, drained
- 1 thin slice prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, prosciutto, olives and capers; set aside.
- For dressing, in a small bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, pepper and sugar. Slowly whisk in the oil in a slow steady stream. Stir in chives and oregano. Pour dressing over tomato mixture; toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight; stirring occasionally.
- To serve, transfer tomato mixture to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Garnish with fresh oregano sprigs if desired.
Originally published as Mediterranean Salad in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.