Quick Make Ahead Vegetable Salad
This is a wonderful salad to make for parties because you prepare it ahead of time. I also like the dressing served over fruit.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups thinly sliced cauliflower
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower and green pepper; place the onion rings on top. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients; pour over salad (do not stir). Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 223 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Vegetable Salad in Country Extra September 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.