Quick Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding peas during the last two minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in macaroni and peas. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 276 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Quick Macaroni Salad
"This was delicious. I added a bit of mild red chilli to give it a little heat. Will be a keeper."
"This overall is a great macaroni salad. I doubled it and also added the ingredients which i put in my own salad: 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. celery seed & 1 tsp. sugar. It tasted just like mine that way, but with different ingredients. Even my 10 month old daughter loved it (she especially loved the cheese chunks!). The reason why I only gave it 4 stars is because I find macaroni salad dull that only has mayo, plus I like mine a little sweeter. But overall it's a good recipie!"
"My family really liked this salad.I will make it again."