- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 5 slices process American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- Additional cheese slices, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in soup, cheese, beans and bacon. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and beans are tender. Garnish with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forQuick Lima Bean Casserole
"I used canned lima beans instead of frozen. Will definitely make this again."
"I like lima beans, but have always prepared them the same way - with a little milk, butter, salt, and pepper. I was pleased to find a different way to fix them - this is an excellent recipe! They have the same texture as baked beans, with a really good flavor. Thanks for a new twist on an old favorite :)"