Quick Kraut Snacks
It is so easy to make a very special appetizer for friends and family. It's full of flavor from the tasty sauerkraut.—The Fremont Company
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/3 cup diced Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup toasted rye bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sauerkraut, sausage, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in bread crumbs. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 86 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Quick Kraut Snacks in Country Woman September/October 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.