Quick Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth and chicken to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls; add to broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Skim fat.
- 4. Add pasta, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning to soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones and shred meat. Add the chicken, spinach and remaining cheese to soup and heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/4 cups: 175 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Quick Italian Wedding Soup
"Very good and easy to make. I added shredded carrots for some additional color & vegetables."