- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Real bacon bits, optional
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onions. Add next five ingredients; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add olives; simmer 5 minutes longer. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Italian Spaghetti
"I found this spaghetti sauce recipe years ago and enjoyed making it for my 3 daughters! They loved it! Found it again today and will be making it tonight. Going to add some garlic and oregano with it."
"I made the sauce and it was okay. Very basic and a bit unusual but I was missing my garlic. So then I went and changed it all together. I added fresh basil, fresh tarragon, garlic, and a little bit of red wine vinegar."
"Very good and a bit different than the usual tomato sauces... I made this a while back and am looking forward to making it again tonight along with a recipe for linguine with spicy garlic oil that I found in another magazine..."
"I wanted to try a spaghetti sauce that was a bit different. I ran across this one that sounded good. Well, it was more than good; the black olives did the trick, I think. My husband says to make it again the next time we have spaghetti."