Quick Italian Salad
When I'm looking to use up garden-fresh vegetables, this is the recipe I reach for. Toss in whatever vegetables you like...the results are always fantastic.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes1-1/2 cups dressing
- Salad greens
- Sliced tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and green pepper or vegetables of your choice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange greens and vegetables in a salad bowl or on individual salad plates. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all remaining ingredients; shake well. Serve over salad.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 167 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Quic Italian Salad in Country Woman May/June 1994