My mom shared this recipe. It requires almost no preparation and makes a delicious addition to just about any main course. Try it with beef bouillon instead of chicken bouillon it that's a better fit with your meal.
Recommended: Homemade Mixes for Popular Pantry Staples
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the bouillon, onion, thyme, marjoram and rosemary; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p33
Reviews forQuick Herbed Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review