Quick Herbed Orange Roughy Recipe
A host of seasonings flavors these delightful orange roughy fillets. “They’re so good, I rarely prepare fish any other way,” Elaine Anderson relates from New Galilee, Pennsylvania.
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Sprinkle over both sides of orange roughy. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn; stir in the wine or broth, soy sauce and onion. Cook 4-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 172 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Quick Herbed Orange Roughy
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC