"This delicious dip is extremely easy to make and always hits the spot when we have a craving for something to munch on," assures Linda Fox of Soldotna, Alaska. "For a quick recipe, it really has authentic guacamole taste."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 cups
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup 4% small curd cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup hot picante sauce or salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- Tortilla chips or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, mash the avocado. Stir in cottage cheese and picante sauce. Add jalapeno if desired. Serve with chips or vegetables.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 38 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Quick Guacamole in Taste of Home April/May 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.