VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, cheese, green onions and olives. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, add salad dressing and oregano; toss to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Garden Salad in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p409