- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Puncture squash several times with a knife or fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Cut into quarters; remove seeds and pulp. Return to plate, cut side down, and cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 7 minutes. Turn over; microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Scoop out squash and place in bowl; add remaining ingredients and mix well. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Ginger-Orange Squash
"We both liked this side dish. Since there are only two of us, I used a package of frozen cooked winter squash, which I first thawed and heated in a saucepan on top of the stove. I added about 2 tablespoons of sweet orange marmalade instead of the oj concentrate (will reduce it to one next time), cut the rest of the ingredients in half, added a bit of salt and pepper, and let it simmer while I finished cooking the rest of the meal."
"Yum ! Definitely a keeper ! I cut the squash into smaller pieces, turned the oven to 355 F. Spread out the small chunks in a 9 x 13 pan, sprinkled them with xylitol, pumpkin pie spice & grated ginger root. Then I poured a bit less than 1/4 cup of orange juice over the adorned squash and baked, covered, for 35 minutes, uncovered and continued baking for 25 minutes."