- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned croutons
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir well before serving; ladle into soup bowls and garnish as desired with croutons, cucumbers, peppers and green onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forQuick Gazpacho
"Thanks for jiggling my memory....I bought three English cucumbers over the weekend and wasn't sure how I'd use the other two after I tried one new recipe. Haven't made gazpacho in a couple of years....like mine icy cold and usually float an ice cube in it when serving. I, too, use the Spicy Hot V-8."
"Very tasty! I added cilantro which went very well with the taste"
"I've made this with regular V-8 juice and the Spicy Hot V-8 version (I omit the added hot pepper sauce in this case). My husband prefers the spicy, but I like the regular. I also prefer not adding the salt. This is a very good gazpacho recipe."