Quick Fruited Turkey Salad
During my spare time, I can be found in the kitchen...I love trying new recipes. In this turkey salad, fruit adds a little sweetness while sunflower kernels add special crunch.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, pineapple, grapes and celery. Whisk together oil, orange juice, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning blend in a small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours. Just before serving, add mayonnaise and sunflower kernels; mix well.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 282 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Fruited Turkey Salad in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.