Quick Fruit Crisp
Fruit crisps often take time to prepare, what with slicing the fruit and baking in the oven. But this quick and easy dessert uses canned pie filling and is cooked in a skillet! Serve it alone or with a scoop of ice cream.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach, apple or cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Fruit & Fiber cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a medium skillet, heat pie filling and lemon juice over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, place cereal in a resealable plastic bag; crush slightly with a rolling pin. In a skillet, melt butter. Stir in cereal, sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 202 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 9g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Quick Fruit Crisp in 1996 Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.