Quick Fruit Compot
My mother used to make this recipe when I was a child. My four kids always ate more fruit when I dressed it up this way. -Maxine Otis Hobson, Montana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup apricot nectar, divided
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 firm banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, halved and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup apricot nectar, cloves and cinnamon to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining apricot nectar until smooth; gradually whisk into nectar mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- Stir in the banana, strawberries and kiwi. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 174 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fruit Compote in Reminisce Extra June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.