“The holidays are the perfect time to try this quick twist on a traditional pumpkin pie,” suggests Marion Stoll, Dent, Minnesota. “I often make it ahead, so it goes from freezer to feast!”
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and pecan halves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; beat until smooth. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping and pecans if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman October/November 2007, p29
Reviews forQuick Frozen Pumpkin Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2014 Edited Nov. 22, 2014
"I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try on my family and this one looks so delicious; can't wait to try"