Treat yourself or a loved one to a restaurant-quality lunch with this tasty sandwich! The flavorful au jus is a snap to prepare. Carole Lanthier - Courtice, Ontario
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup steak sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 French rolls, split
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the beef, broth and 1/4 cup steak sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine mustard and remaining steak sauce; spread over roll bottoms. Using a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls; replace tops. Serve with broth mixture for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as French Dip Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p45
Reviews forQuick French Dip Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2011
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2009
"The au jus in this recipe was way too salty and strong...and I like salt. I'd recommend watering down the broth to mellow out the flavor a bit."