Quick Eggnog French Toast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 9 large eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Confectioners' sugar
- Arrange the bread slices in two well-greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, sugar, extracts and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Turn bread to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, turning bread once. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 6, 2010
I made this a few years ago and it was terrific! I was worried that it would be too soggy but it came out perfect. Will be making this Christmas morning!
Jun 29, 2009
I have tried this receipe this weekend at a camp it was delicious and am going to make it for myself again