Quick & Easy Pumpkin Crescents
These homemade goodies are simple enough for my children to help with. Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, the yummy crescents are perfect with hot cocoa on a chilly morning.—Mindee Erickson, St. George, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients; stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, oil and brown sugar; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and remaining cinnamon; reserve 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar for topping. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Brush each circle with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar. Cut each into 8 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet, point side down; curve to form crescents. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 116 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.