Quick & Easy Pumpkin Crescents
These homemade goodies are simple enough for my children to help with. Sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar, the yummy crescents are perfect with hot cocoa on a chilly morning.—Mindee Erickson, St. George, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, oil and brown sugar; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and remaining cinnamon; reserve 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar for topping. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Brush each circle with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar. Cut each into eight wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet, point side down; curve to form crescents. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; serve warm.
Originally published as Quick and Easy Pumpkin Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.