"I tried a lot of different banana pie recipes before I found one that could be modified into a low-fat version with great results," writes Martha Domeny of San Diego, California.
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-1/3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar substitute until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spoon into crust. Arrange banana slices on top. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Pour over the bananas. Spread with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Banana Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p57