Quick Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute leeks and onions in oil and butter until tender. Add the asparagus and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup of asparagus pieces.
- 2. In a blender, process the remaining asparagus mixture in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Garnish with reserved asparagus pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 170 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Quick Creamy Asparagus Soup
"Have not actually made yet, but I did a recipe similar to this and it is so delicious and healthy too!!!!!"