Quick Cream of Zucchini Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and additional zucchini, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute zucchini, onion and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add the broth, tarragon, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender. Cover and process until pureed; return to pan. Add milk; heat through. Garnish with paprika and zucchini if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 132 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 20, 2010
Soup was very good. I used more like 3 cups of sliced zucchini. I found that after adding the broth, it only needed to cook for another 5 minutes for the veggies to be tender. I also added 2/3 cup mashed potato flakes at the end (after milk is heated through) to thicken the soup. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.