Because this soup is very easy to prepare, I reach for it often in the summer when I'm busy playing volleyball and baseball. It's also a great way to use up excess zucchini.
Recommended: 50 Recipes to Make the Most of the Fall Harvest
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and additional zucchini, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute zucchini, onion and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add the broth, tarragon, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender. Cover and process until pureed; return to pan. Add milk; heat through. Garnish with paprika and zucchini if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Zucchini Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p31
Reviews forQuick Cream of Zucchini Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2010