“One of my favorite recipes to make with my granddaugther, Sarah, is Cranberry Nut Muffins. Sarah pours in the ingredients and helps stir. Her eyes light up when I tell her she can take some of these lovely sweet-tart muffins home to share with her family,” says Claire Olson of Saginaw, Minnesota. Their baking sessions and muffins are always a hit—since both are seasoned with love!
Recommended: Apple Crisp, Crumble and Cobbler Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries, pecans and orange peel. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p14
Reviews forQuick Cranberry Nut Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2009
"My family loves these muffins! The flavor is wonderful the next day."