Quick Cranberry Nut Muffins
“One of my favorite recipes to make with my granddaugther, Sarah, is Cranberry Nut Muffins. Sarah pours in the ingredients and helps stir. Her eyes light up when I tell her she can take some of these lovely sweet-tart muffins home to share with her family,” says Claire Olson of Saginaw, Minnesota. Their baking sessions and muffins are always a hit—since both are seasoned with love!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries, pecans and orange zest. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 243 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.