Quick Cranberry Bread Pudding
Extra French bread and dried cranberries find a new use in this moist and comforting medley from Irene Erickson. “I love to cook, and I really enjoy this quick-to-make dish,” she writes from Lacona, New York.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cubed day-old French bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Divide bread cubes and cranberries between two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over bread mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cranberry Bread Pudding in Light & Tasty October/November 2007