Quick Cran-Apple Cobbler
"I developed this when I wanted a quick but special dessert for my hungry husband," recalls Joan Gocking of Moundsville, West Virginia. The yummy results are sweetly priced at 52¢ a helping.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package (7-3/4 ounces) cinnamon swirl biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup water
- In an ungreased 9-in. pie plate, combine the pie filling and cranberries. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water; drop by tablespoonfuls over filling.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover and bake 10-12 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in a biscuit comes out clean. Serve warm.
Editor’s Note: You may substitute a package of Bisquick Complete Buttermilk Mix. Just before baking, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 291 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Cobbler in Quick Cooking November/December 2004