Quick Crab Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheese sauce, butter, wine or broth and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 178 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 23, 2013
This is great. Also, I put this on Cheese Steak Sub - totally awesome. I call it my crabby cheese steak.
Dec 31, 2011
Excellent! We used meatballs,cocktail hot dogs,Garlic bread toasted.Very simple and quick.Will definitely make again!
Dec 11, 2008
This sounds so good!