Quick Crab Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheese sauce, butter, wine or broth and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 178 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 23, 2013
This is great. Also, I put this on Cheese Steak Sub - totally awesome. I call it my crabby cheese steak.
Dec 31, 2011
Excellent! We used meatballs,cocktail hot dogs,Garlic bread toasted.Very simple and quick.Will definitely make again!
Dec 11, 2008
This sounds so good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.