Quick Couscous Salad
"I created this salad one weekend to take to a friend's house, and everybody loved it," notes Debbie Graber of Eureka, Nevada. "It's become a much-requested favorite at gatherings." TIP: "Dice up some reduced-fat pepperoni and add it to the salad," recommends Debbie.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup each diced onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous and salt. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, salad dressing, mushrooms, olives, cucumber, onion and peppers. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.